Whoever decides to get into the world of Crocs shoes often gets perplexed by the thought of whether Crocs are slip-resistant or not. Crocs are comfortable to wear, and they can be utilized for different situations.
Whether you want to stroll around the garden, run errands or walk on the beach, Crocs has become an inevitable choice. Nowadays, it has become a norm to wear Crocs shoes at some workplaces like restaurants, health sector, cleaning spaces, etc., as they can be worn throughout the day.
So it becomes necessary for many users to slip-resistant Crocs, and that is why in this article, we are going to discuss slip resistance of Crocs.
Are All Crocs Really Slip-Resistant?
Crocs shoes are the rage in the market as they not only offer you the required comfort but also treat you with a classy style. So a large number of people opt for Crocs footwear, especially professionals who need to work in slippery conditions.
Now you may believe that all Crocs footwear is slip-resistant, but that is not the case as not all Crocs shoes offer a slip-resistant facility. Even though some of the shoes don’t come with a non-slip facility, they still won’t slip on a slippery floor to some extent.
In general, Crocs shoes are designed with ‘Crocs Lock’ slip-resistant treads that provide the necessary grip on slippery surfaces and firm footing. Most of the footwear designed for kitchen, hospitality, and medical professionals carries the ‘Crocs Lock’ slip-resistant facility.
The specialized anti-slip feature is of a high standard, and it offers better non-slip prowess than most of the models in this category.
Even the manufacturer advertises primarily about their shoe’s non-slip facility, so many people believe that all the Crocs lineup come with an anti-slippery facility on any slippery surface.
So when you want to get a pair of slip-resistant Crocs, it is wise to check whether the particular model has a non-slip facility. Shoes that are made for professionals generally carry slip-resistant facilities, so you won’t have to worry about anything.
However, shoes that don’t carry a non-slip outsole also offer a good degree of slip resistance, but you can’t certainly use them on surfaces with chemical spillage, wet, mud, etc.
Which Crocs Are Slip-Resistant?
Crocs shoes that come with slip-resistant features or non-slip tags are ideal for slippery surfaces and various workplaces. Usually, these slip-resistant shoes, whether they belong to the professional range or casual domain, mostly carry Crocs Lock tread that prevents the footwear from slipping.
The treads have been designed in such a way that you get confidence in having firm footing on any slippery surface when you wear these nonslip shoes. Shoes like Bistro clog, Specialist Li clog, On-the-clock clog, etc., are some of those shoes that won’t let you slip even if you walk on a rainy corridor, hospital floor, bathroom, tiled workshop place, etc.
Remember, not all Crocs units come with Crocks Lock tread on their sole, and importantly no shoe can guarantee 100% slip resistance.
Do Crocs have a good grip?
Most Croc shoes, especially slip-resistant ones, come with specialized treads, and they assist the anti-slip shoes in ensuring a good grip. Although none of the shoe’s nonslip is 100% slip-resistant, the Crocs slip-resistant shoes have an efficient amount of nonslip ability to help you walk on wet floors.
The Crocs Lock treads fitted Crocs models are known for their highly efficient slip resistance, and it exceeds most industry standards. According to some independent test results, Crocs nonslip shoes have consistently offered good results on different surfaces.
Crocs slip-resistant shoes with Crocs Lock tread have given 0.5 CoF on the soapy surface, 0.55 CoF on oily/wet floors, 0.55 CoF on the greasy surface, and 0.45 CoF on ordinary wet floors, etc.
How Do I Know If My Crocs Are Non-Slip?
If you are working in a workplace where you need your Croc shoe to have a slip resistance facility, but you are not sure about slip resistance, then there are ways to check. Here are some effective ways to check whether your Crocs are slip-resistant or not;
● The easiest way to check whether a particular shoe can save you during oil or water spillage is by checking the label. Most of the Croc shoes’ falling on slip-resistant sections come with a nonslip label. However, if you’ve been wearing the shoe for a long time and the label may be worn out, then there are other ways to find Crocs slip-resistant capability.
● When your Crocs nonslip shoes lack the label or tag, then you need to check the tread of the shoe sole. Crocs nonslip shoes generally come with specialized tread patterns, and these patterns help you to understand whether your Crocs fall into the slip-resistant section. Although there are many patterns of tread associated with Crocs nonslip shoes, hexagonal and round-shaped patterns are the most common ones.
Apart from the shape, you should also assess the tread number of your nonslip Crocs. Even when your nonslip Crocs have a higher number of treads but a smaller pattern size, then your shoe has better slip-resistant capability than other slip-resistant shoes.
● Along with the treads, another great way to find whether Crocs are nonslip is by examining the grooves. In general, slip-resistant Crocs come with perpendicularly placed grooves similar to tractor tires, and this helps the shoe nonslip to provide resistance. These grooves create sections in the slip-resistant shoes and throw out the liquid rather than trapping them.
● To check whether the Crocs are slip-resistant or not, you also need to assess the sole. A round-shaped sole ensures that your Crocs are slip-resistant because it doesn’t let any liquid get trapped underneath your feet and lets you walk confidently on slippery floors.
Since not all Crocs are slip-resistant, and they mostly come with flat soles, which fail to provide the friction needed to walk smoothly on slippery floors. These slip-resistant shoes trap the liquid underneath your feet and prevent you from having firm footing.
● Crocs are slip-resistant when they have flexible and specialized rubber soles because they assist the nonslip Crocs to get traction on slippery surfaces. A rigid sole won’t easily stick to the floor, whereas a flexible rubber sole will have a proper grip on the slippery floor, thus making sure you have a safe walk with slip-resistant Crocs.
How Do You Make Crocs Non Slip?
As we all know, not all Crocs are slip-resistant shoes, and if you have bought a pair of such nonresistant shoes, then you won’t have to worry. We have devised some processes that will assist you in wearing Crocs with slip-resistant facility;
● To transform your footwear into slip-resistant Crocs, an essential thing you can do is by creating grooves on the outsole. The slip-resistant capability of a shoe depends mainly on the outer sole, so you will rub the outsole against rocky or hard surfaces to create tiny grooves and nooks.
You can also walk roughly on rough roads, so the soles get coarse and get the additional traction needed to help you work on slippery roads.
● Another way to make sure your Crocs are non-slip is by applying sandpaper on the outsole of your Crocs. When you rub sandpaper on the bottom, it will create additional scuffs, and those grooves will help to create nonslip Crocs. While using sandpaper, always opt for 50 grit, as the higher the coarseness better will be the outcome.
● You can also opt for Shoe Goo on the sole of your Crocs to achieve a slip-resistant Crocs fit. When you apply Shoe Goo, it covers the outer layer with a sticky residue, and it brings additional traction needed to walk freely on slippery surfaces. However, while applying Shoe Goo, you should apply a thin layer as it will be enough to create the added traction needed in your Crocs.
● Applying puff paint to make sure your Crocs are nonslip is not a usual way, but it is highly effective. You will just have to apply a thin layer of paint on the rough layer of your Crocs, and it will make the sole non-slippery. However, it will become a permanent layer and might damage overall aesthetics, but it will surely make your Crocs nonslip.
● During winter, it can be hard to walk on thin layers of ice, so you would obviously want to wear Crocs that fall in the slip-resistant section. You can attach ice grips to make your Crocs nonslip and walk confidently even if there is black ice. Ice grips generally get clamped to the sole of your shoe, and the metal grip helps you to get resistance on icy roads.
How Do Slip Resistant Crocs Fit?
Just like any other casual footwear or professional shoes on the market, slip-resistant Crocs will fit perfectly on your feet.
Apart from the specialized grip, they are like any other Crocs, so we can confidently say slip-resistant Crocs fit perfectly on your feet. However, the fitting entirely depends upon your requirement and the shoe size you choose.
If you are someone who wants to feel relaxed on their feet, then a snug fit will be ideal as they stay intact and still give you a comfortable walking experience. Crocs that are roomy also offer spacious feet and give your feet the extra space needed when you use them.
What styles of non slip Crocs are available?
When you think of buying a non slip Crocs, you might think that you will be limited to one choice, but this isn’t true. You will find quite a handful of choices for non slip Crocs, and you can easily buy the one that caters to your style.
Clogs serve as the most popular choice when it comes to Crocs nonslip as they hold the classic design everyone loves. Not only that, but they are also very comfortable, and you can quickly wear them anywhere you want.
Flats are another option that you will find in the Crocs nonslip category, and they are incredibly comfortable to wear.
They are similar to clogs but thinner in size and are only meant for women. Mary Janes also falls in the nonslip Crocs category that is meant for women and offers impressive lower feet support.
How much do slip-resistant Crocs cost?
Crocs is a highly demanded brand that sells thousands of pairs of Crocs nonslip every year, and it is mainly due to the reasonable pricing they have on offer. In general, slip-resistant shoes of Crocs come in a price range between $30 and $60, and there are special ones that cost more than $100.
The price mainly varies due to the color, size, and styling, and you can easily choose according to your need. Nowadays, you will also come across some Crocs nonslip that comes with a unique design and a mixture of colors. However, they are slightly more expensive than normal nonslip Crocs in this category.
Is it possible to wear Crocs in the shower?
Many people use Crocs in their homes, and that too includes showers as they serve as slip resistant shoes. Since they are made from rubber fabrics and lack any kind of fabrics so you can easily use them in the shower.
The slip resistance capability will help you to stand correctly even if there is shampoo and soap water on the ground. Many users have put up in their reviews that they often use their non slip Crocs and sometimes even the regular Crocs in their shower as they feel comfortable moving.
Now, it is time to check out some frequently asked questions that often arises in the mind of Crocs buyers;
Why Do Restaurant Workers Put on Non-Slip Crocs?
Restaurant floors, especially the kitchen floor, often get water, oil, and grease spillage, and it makes the workers prone to slipping on the floor. So restaurant workers always prefer to use Crocs non-slip than others because they can work comfortably without having to worry about falling down.
Are Classic Crocs Non Slip?
Yes, classic Crocs are non-slip shoes, but Crocs don’t guarantee a 100% slip resistance capability. Classic Crocs comes with a unique tread pattern that ensures you a good grip on slippery surfaces.
Are Bistro Crocs Non Slip?
Bistro Crocs are one of the popular choices when it comes to nonslip shoes as they come loaded with Crocs Lock facility. This slip-resistant feature has special treads that ensure firm footing on all types of surfaces.
Are Fuzzy Crocs Non Slip?
According to the manufacturer and various user reviews, Fuzzy Crocs can’t be considered 100% nonslip shoes, but they do offer good traction on slippery grounds. The outsole of these nonslip shoes has a high number of treads, making them excellent options for professionals.
Are Crocs good for kitchen work?
Slip-resistant shoes of Crocs serve as a perfect option for the kitchen because kitchen surfaces are prone to oil and water spillage. So when you wear a Crocs shoe, you can walk comfortably as the specialized outsole throws out all the water and gives you a firm footing.
Moreover, the treads have been designed in such a way that even if there is oil or sauce spillage, you can walk on them without falling down.
Why Do Most Chefs Prefer Wearing Crocs?
Crocs is a favorite choice of most chefs throughout the world, and the main reason behind this is the slip resistance capability available in their shoes. They come equipped with specialized grips that offer tremendous traction to walk appropriately on slippery floors of the kitchen. The shoes are highly comfortable and lightweight, so they can do long shifts without tiring their feet.
Do Crocs slip in water?
No Crocs don’t slip in water, and styles like water Crocs have been designed to let you walk with ease on the water. They are mostly made from rubber and water-resistant material, so the chance of damage is none.
Can I use Crocs as water shoes?
Yes, you can easily use Crocs as water shoes as they are made from a rubber material that won’t get damaged by water. Even if you use the Crocs for a prolonged amount of time, it won’t cause crack or degradation to the rubber of the water shoes.
Instead, using Crocs will enhance your efficiency as you would have excellent grip and won’t have to worry about falling on slippery surfaces.
Are Crocs PPE approved?
Not all Crocs come with PPE approval, and there are a limited number of Crocs shoes that come with a PPE tag. Most of these Crocs fall in the professional category, and it is better to check the PPE tag or label before choosing a shoe for the construction area.
Hi, This is Jack Patrick. Since my childhood, I have been passionate about footwear, and I just love to study and research different types of footwear. This led me to build this blog. Our aim is to provide updated & in-depth information so that you can choose the right pair as per your requirement or problems. Lastly, the quote by Marilyn Monroe – “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”