Plantar fasciitis is a serious issue that not only causes immense heel pain but leads to walking issues in the long term. The plantar fascia is a thick ligament located in the back of our heel, and it supports the arch of the foot.
Plantar fasciitis occurs when the ligament gets torn or damaged, and it may happen due for many reasons. However, if the problem is not checked at the early stage, it can lead to severe pain, which often gives rise to knee, back, and hip problems.
The best way to solve it is to wear Chacos shoes that are predominantly effective in curbing down the pain and reducing the wear and tear of the plantar fascia. Now, you must be contemplating, are Chacos good for plantar fasciitis? Well, let me clear this confusion for you through this article.
Chacos For Plantar Fasciitis
Without a doubt, Chacos footwear serves as one of the most effective choices when it comes to wearing the right shoe for treating plantar fascia. It is a pioneer brand that first came up with the American Podiatric Medical Association-approved arch support flip flop that has been known for supporting the heel and reducing pain.
They come with the necessary arch support and an Ergonomic BioCentric footbed that not only supports your help properly but also provides the necessary support for overpronation.
The shoes are designed with a heel riser and specialized cup, which eases out pressure on the plantar fascia and helps you land your heel comfortably. Although Chacos sandals are not specifically designed to treat plantar fasciitis, they have been known for curbing down the pain and reducing the soreness in the heel.
The brand is known for making footwear with supportive heel and base so that your feet can move freely and doesn’t face a large amount of pressure. Basically, the sandals from this brand stabilize your feet and give you a comfortable feel even if you are standing for a long time. Unlike other brands, they don’t have the sandal’s heel enclosed, so make sure you have controlled pronation.
Why Many People Choose Chacos For Plantar Fasciitis?
Whether it is people who are affected by plantar fasciitis or podiatrists, Chacos serves as a popular recommendation by everyone when it comes to treating plantar fasciitis. They may not be dedicated plantar fasciitis sandals, but they get the job done by reducing the pain. Besides being comfortable, they are many reasons that people opt for Chacos over other brands;
- Superior Support- When it comes to providing support to the heel, there is no match for Chacos sandals. Not only are they designed with specialized heels, but they also come with a design that perfectly fits your feet while stabilizing your feet.
They are well known to check overpronation and reduce any impact on the swollen part of the plantar fascia ligament.
- Highly Comfortable and Painless- Besides being highly supportive, Chacos sandals are highly comfortable, and they hug your feet in such a way that your heel doesn’t feel any impact. The heel cups are constructed for optimum comfort and allow your feet to move freely.
Unlike other sandals, you just have to put your feet in the sandal, and you can then easily adjust the strap to perfectly grasp your feet. The whole housing prevents your feet from unnecessary movement, thus making you don’t have an unnecessary impact on the ligament of the heel.
- Excellent Breathability- The excellent breathability Chacos sandals have on offer also makes them comfortable to wear when you are suffering from plantar fasciitis. You can wear them for long hours, especially in humid and hot locations, and your feet won’t sweat profusely.
Even though they properly support your heel and the base, they offer enough room for your feet to breathe freely in any weather conditions. You can wear the shoes for a long time, and they won’t ooze out bad odour from the sandals for a very long time.
- Extremely Durability- With great comfort and support, Chacos sandals serve as an investment because they last for a very long time. The durability of the shoe has a lot to do with plantar fasciitis because a highly durable sole will ensure that your heel doesn’t feel the strike on the surface.
Moreover, the sole doesn’t lose its intended form after a long period of usage which is highly useful when you are wearing the shoe to support your heel.
- Good Waterproofing- When you have to walk on a watery surface or rain, you won’t have to worry about falling off or injuring your heel with the Chacos sandal.
These sandals are totally waterproof and come with an excellent grip that keeps you stable in every aspect. This comes really useful as you don’t know what type of surface you will have to walk through.
- Commendable Versatility- It may seem like a normal sandal that comforts the intensive pain of plantar fasciitis, but it also offers excellent versatility. Basically, you can wear this footwear in all types of weather and, moreover, in all types of terrain without impacting your plantar fasciitis ligament.
Whether you are walking on a slippery surface, rough terrain, or normal tarmac road, you will have optimum support and comfort for your heel all the time.
- Subtle Styling- Chacos sandals are available in different shapes, sizes, and colors, allowing you to buy the sandal that matches your style quotient. Moreover, they also offer a large number of designs, so you won’t be limited to certain choices. While wearing the shoe to support your plantar fasciitis ligament in the heel, you can also utilize it to flaunt style.
What Type of Shoes You Should Avoid For Your Plantar Fasciitis
When you are suffering from plantar fasciitis, you will have to be careful with the sandals or shoes that you wear on a day-to-day basis. You will have to look for shoes that ease out the pain and reduce the inflammation due to wear and tear in the plantar fasciitis ligament.
Even if you are going for a comfortable shoe with impressive padding, there are various things that accelerate the pain in your food condition. You should always wear shoes that have high heels or similar design because it elevates your heel and put pressure on your heel.
When you wear them for a long time, not only will it aggravate the pain, but it will also worsen your foot condition. Moreover, you should avoid wearing sandals that have minimal heel support and put a lot of impact on the plantar fasciitis ligament of your feet. You will also come across shoes that are quite compact around the heel and don’t allow your feet to move freely while you walk.
Even if you are wearing Chacos sandals, if it has worn out, then you should avoid them and go for new one. After a period of time, the support reduces due to heavy wear and tear, and it gradually increases the impact on the foot, which increases inflammation.
Do podiatrists recommend Chacos?
Most podiatrists in America highly recommend Chacos to patients who are suffering from plantar fasciitis. Moreover, some footwear of Chacos comes with specialized footbeds that have been certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association.
Another reason many podiatrists recommend these shoes to patients is because of their optimum heel support and comfort, which helps in reducing inflammation.
What kind of sandals is good for plantar fasciitis?
If you are suffering from plantar fasciitis, then you should look for sandals that are equipped with thicker soles and optimum cushioning under your feet. Moreover, the heel area should have arch support and a flexible midsole so that the ligament doesn’t face any impact while your feet strike the ground.
Who do podiatrists recommend for plantar fasciitis?
A lot of podiatrists recommend patients to opt for Chacos sandals as it provides the necessary support to the heel and helps in reducing severe pain. However, there are many brands that are also recommended by podiatrists as they also offer shoes that provide the necessary arch support and comfort for plantar fasciitis.
What is so special about Chacos sandals?
Although Chacos sandals are not specifically designed for foot conditions like plantar fasciitis, it has the support and comfort that reduces the pain.
Importantly, they come with a specialized footbed offering great arch support and comfort that saves the heel from any heavy impact while walking. Besides, the sandals are highly durable and allow the foot to have a natural movement.
So it boils down to the question,
Is Chacos Good For Plantar Fasciitis?
Chacos sandals are truly one of the best choices for plantar fasciitis as it holds the right amount of comfort and support that reduces the pain.
The footbed it carries is certified by American Podiatric Medical Association, and most podiatrists suggest patients with this foot condition to opt for Chacos sandals. Not only do they help you in having the right pronation, but they also reduce any impact on the plantar fascia ligament.
Hi, This is Jack Patrick. Since my childhood, I have been passionate about footwear, and I just love to study and research different types of footwear. This led me to build this blog. Our aim is to provide updated & in-depth information so that you can choose the right pair as per your requirement or problems. Lastly, the quote by Marilyn Monroe – “Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.”